November 13th - OC Transpo operator tested positive for COVID-19 (270 Barrhaven Route)
Today, we received confirmation that an OC Transpo operator tested positive for COVID-19. Their last day of work was November 9. The employee has been self-isolating since that time. To protect the privacy of the individual, we will not be releasing their name.
We are working directly with Ottawa Public Health (OPH) and are conducting contact tracing of individuals who have, or may have been, in close contact with this employee. OPH has advised that the key dates are the 48-hour period prior to the first day the employee showed symptoms; in this case the key dates are November 7, 8 and 9. We have begun contacting employees who may have come into close contact with this operator during these key dates.
OPH is following up with family and friends who may have been in close contact with the employee.
The employee was not working on November 7 or 8. The employee operated two buses on Monday November 9, serving the following routes:
November 9, 2020
· Route # 88 Baseline Stn 4:35 a.m. to Hurdman Stn 5:00 a.m.
· Route # 96 Greenboro Stn 5:23 a.m. to Merivale depot/Colonade Rd 5:37 a.m.
· Route # 270 Maravista/Cedarview 6:02 a.m. to Tunney’s Stn 6:37 a.m.
· Route # 86 Baseline Stn 6:51 a.m. to Tunney’s Stn 7:21 a.m.
· Route # 86 Baseline Stn 7:37 a.m. to Tunney’s Stn 8:10 a.m.
· Route # 87 Baseline Stn 8:24 a.m. to Tunney’s Stn 8:52 a.m.
· Route # 87 Tunney’s Stn 8:56 a.m. to Baseline Stn 9:19 a.m.
· Route # 111 Baseline Stn 9:37 a.m. to Carlingwood 10:20 a.m.
· Route # 111 Carlingwood 10:42 a.m. to Baseline Stn 11:20 a.m.
· Route # 111 Baseline Stn 11:37 a.m. to Carlingwood 12:21 p.m.
· Route # 89 Tunney’s Stn 1:20 p.m. to Merivale Depot/Colonade Rd 1:50 p.m.
· Route # 16 Westboro Stn 3:04 p.m. to St. Paul’s University 4:07 p.m.
· Route # 16 St. Paul’s University 4:13 p.m. to Westboro Stn 5:00 p.m.
OC Transpo is identifying vehicles and facilities that may require additional cleaning over and above our enhanced cleaning process.
OC Transpo has put in place the Transit Service Recovery Plan to help make transit safer for customers and employees. This includes making masks mandatory for employees and customers, implementing a soft barrier around the bus driver, and increasing service levels on the system.
If customers have concerns about exposure, they can contact Ottawa Public Health at 613-580-6744 to speak to a public health nurse or visit ottawapublichealth.ca.
Original signed by